Jerry, I'm glad Dave was able to get you up and running. Dave, thanks a bunch for helping him.
Jerry, I don't recall being around for assembling all of the vacuum slides so I'm sorry I wasn't there to provide a second set of eyes. Or if I was... I didn't do a very good job. LOL.
I just recently pulled and cleaned my Ninja 250 carbs using my ultrasonic cleaner and they came out like a champ using the same process of rinsing and compressed air drying. I put them back on the bike this weekend and got them fully synced up last night. The bike appears to be running very smoothly now. We'll see.
Eventually I will place my original carbs back on my Magna and see how the ultrasonic cleaner did on them as well. But after your carbs I am paying extra attention during the rinsing and drying.
I'll bring my carb sync tool to the next session and we can try them on the bike. I have bench synced two sets of carbs now using the identical size drill bit method and I find they still need adjustment once they're on the bike. Now I could be doing it wrong but I have read there is always some variation on the bike simply due to age and valve clearances, etc. The Ninja 250 in particular was much more susceptible to the carb difference than I have found Magnas to be. Probably because there's not a lot of fudge factor on that motor. It immensely ran better after dialing the carbs closer.