Take the long way home

Ride the 3 Sisters/Hill Country with DRNT(Read 4560 times)
Ride the 3 Sisters/Hill Country with DRNT on: July 21, 2015, 10:01:00 PM
I have scheduled a 4 day Run to the Sisters on October 8th through October 11th for Dedicated Riders of North Texas.

We will be staying at the River Inn Resort in Hunt, Texas.

Traveling down from Dallas Thursday and returning on Sunday.

Anybody here at MOOT is welcome to join us.
You are not paid for what you do, but rather for what you will do and when that time comes, you will be highly underpaid.

Audere est Facere

Lead the Way!

D.L. Shireman

Re: Ride the 3 Sisters/Hill Country with DRNT Reply #1 on: July 21, 2015, 11:50:45 PM
I'd love to ride with y'all! That's my birthday weekend, happy birthday to me!
My garage runneth over...
14 Zero S ZF 8.5
08 VFR800fi
08 Kawasaki KLE650 Versys - For Sale
09 CRF230L
97 VF750CD - SOLD!

Re: Ride the 3 Sisters/Hill Country with DRNT Reply #2 on: July 22, 2015, 08:27:40 PM
All of the double rooms are booked at the River Inn, but they still have plenty of the singles and studios left for this date.
You are not paid for what you do, but rather for what you will do and when that time comes, you will be highly underpaid.

Audere est Facere

Lead the Way!

D.L. Shireman

Re: Ride the 3 Sisters/Hill Country with DRNT Reply #3 on: July 29, 2015, 07:01:45 PM
We have about 28 people coming to this so far. Get a room scheduled if you want to hang with us at the River Inn.

Audere est Facere

Lead the Way!

D.L. Shireman

Re: Ride the 3 Sisters/Hill Country with DRNT Reply #4 on: October 03, 2015, 12:49:54 PM
It's coming this Thursday.

I have got a big group showing up for this ride event. Members from other Dallas area groups will be joining us.

The River Inn Resort has had a few rooms open up, so if you would like to join us at HQ in lieu of staying off property move fast to secure a place.

I anticipate the Dallas group's arrival at the River Inn Resort around 5:30 pm Thursday.

Audere est Facere

Lead the Way!

D.L. Shireman

Re: Ride the 3 Sisters/Hill Country with DRNT Reply #5 on: October 06, 2015, 02:01:14 PM
I hope y'all get to hit up Mac & Ernie's in Tarpley for food!! 
Hop Along
Hop Along
No longer in Norman, OK
2003 Magna
2015 DR650, partly sponsored by a 1973 CT-90 and 2005 CRF 230F....

Re: Ride the 3 Sisters/Hill Country with DRNT Reply #6 on: October 06, 2015, 11:08:02 PM
I hope y'all get to hit up Mac & Ernie's in Tarpley for food!! 
Hop Along

I will look into it Scott. I'm all about new food locations.

Audere est Facere

Lead the Way!

D.L. Shireman

Re: Ride the 3 Sisters/Hill Country with DRNT Reply #7 on: October 06, 2015, 11:16:06 PM
Friday we will be breaking up into small groups and independently riding the area.

The 3 Sisters will be Saturday morning with breakfast in Leakey, Tx at the Mill Creek Restaurant 9:00 am and Kick Stands Up at 10:00 am from the Stripes gas station across from the restaurant.

Melissa and Paul are providing a pile of food for Thursday night at the River Inn Resort.

I will be trailering down and can haul your luggage if you would like to lighten your load Thursday.

Rally at the Tiger Mart in Venus TX Thursday morning from 0800 to 0900 for eat and greet and then kickstands up at 9:00 am for the ride down.

We will be having a late lunch (12:30 pm) at the Blue Bonnet Cafe (PIE) in Marble Falls, TX and then we will stop in Luckenbach, TX around 2:30 pm to pick up four folks from Friendship Riders. There will be time to check out the grounds at Luckenbach approx. 1 hour.

I am anticipating arriving at the River Inn Resort around 6:00 pm to check in, unload and set up for the evening meal.

Evening meals Friday and Saturday are up for discussion. We can go into a restaurant one night or just grill out at the Inn in the evenings.

Audere est Facere

Lead the Way!

D.L. Shireman

Re: Ride the 3 Sisters/Hill Country with DRNT Reply #8 on: October 07, 2015, 03:58:52 AM
Sounds like a fun trip.

I would like to go somewhere just not sure where and not in a large group.
Terry

My mama always told me never put off till tomorrow people you can kill today.

Allen, TX.

74 GT750 - 75 GT380 – 01 Magna - 03 KX 250-01 – 04 WR 450 - 74 T500 Titan