Take the long way home

New '96 Magna Owner(Read 2076 times)
New '96 Magna Owner on: January 16, 2017, 09:59:31 PM
Hey guys! New owner and soon to be new rider of my first motorcycle, and I couldn't be more excited that it is a Magna. I'll be riding in the Austin area. Excited to meet some other riders.

Re: New '96 Magna Owner Reply #1 on: January 17, 2017, 01:38:57 AM
Welcome, what a clean looking bike. You might want to adjust the mirror if you want to use it. You have some others in the Austin area that might be able to hook up with you.
Terry

My mama always told me never put off till tomorrow people you can kill today.

Allen, TX.

74 GT750 - 75 GT380 – 01 Magna - 03 KX 250-01 – 04 WR 450 - 74 T500 Titan

Re: New '96 Magna Owner Reply #2 on: January 17, 2017, 10:46:50 AM
Welcome from the outcast in Florida...
The Magna is a GREAT starter bike IF you can keep your hand out of the throttle!!!
Light enough to start on, powerful enough to never need an upgrade..

BTW - It's been proven that YELLOW is the fastest color!!!

"accidents aren't predictable, don't be a DUMBASS" - MD Dan

Re: New '96 Magna Owner Reply #3 on: January 17, 2017, 11:06:12 AM
Welcome to MOOT you will find a lot of useful information here and hopefully and opportunity to ride with other Magna owners.
MOOT#428
Arlington, Texas
I'm not young enough to know everything

Re: New '96 Magna Owner Reply #4 on: January 18, 2017, 02:55:09 AM
Thanks y'all! She hasn't been ridden in about 6-7 years, so i do have some work to put into her, but I definitely just ordered some new mirrors for the bike! 

Re: New '96 Magna Owner Reply #5 on: January 18, 2017, 07:48:25 AM
Thanks y'all! She hasn't been ridden in about 6-7 years, so i do have some work to put into her, but I definitely just ordered some new mirrors for the bike!
IF it has not run in 6-7 years, you are going to have to pull the carbs and check the fuel tank carefully..
I just picked up a 2002 and the carbs were gummed up (only ran on 2 cylinders), which I planned on and why I got the bike cheap, but the tank had been creamed, but with further checks the tank (which looked almost perfect on the outside) had so rusted inside that the tank would not properly vent.
If you have a little mechanical aptitude, it's all doable, but some patience will be required..

"accidents aren't predictable, don't be a DUMBASS" - MD Dan