Questionable

Author Topic: Super Magna Parts for Sale - RR - Owner's/Shop Manuals - Toolkit/Box - Backrest  (Read 325 times)

Offline SabreWing

• "Lord please take me on my feet or on my Bike."
I have the following items for sale. I was keeping them in hopes that I would one day own another 88 Super, but that seems unlikely. Anyhow, here is what I have:

NEW aftermarket RR, specific to the Super, cost $100, sell for $50 shipping included, lower 48, no international sales, please don't ask.

A REAL 1988 Owner's manual in excellent condition. This is NOT an 87 manual, it has the extra pages, etc. $50 delivered.

A REAL 1988 Shop Manual, in VERY GOOD condition, again, NOT an 87, the real deal. $50 delivered.

Toolbox and tool kit. The tool kit is MORE than complete OEM, but is 100% complete with some extra tools. I'd like to sell them both together, but I suppose I can separate if needed. $120 delivered for both.

Mirrors, left and right. VERY GOOD condition. $40 delivered for the pair.

KG sliding backrest with extra-LONG legs, works for passenger OR rider, comes with the SUPER hard to find adjustable mounting brackets. These I have drilled out slightly to match the existing bolt pattern for the Super's OEM backrest mount. So you will need the OEM backrest brackets already installed to use this. If you have never ridden on a long road trip WITH a backrest you are in for a treat. I took a 2500 mile trip using this setup and it was awesome and comfortable. The KG brackets are "unobtanium" and I have been offered $100 for these alone. I'd sell this setup for $200 delivered.

I can post up pictures of everything if needed, or can PM them to you.

If someone wants to make an offer for all, feel free, or if you want just a couple of items let's talk.

Thanks!

Offline DLewis

Do you still have the backrest? Hoping you have photos of it, and hopefully with it mounted on bike as well. Can email me at gmen_ok@yahoo.com, or can call/text me at 330-407-6254. I am in Ohio, and hope that's not a problem. I have a horrible back that forced me to sell my '87 Super back in 2007. Recently purchased another '87, this one blue, and I'm hoping a backrest like this can help me ride more. I appreciate your time! Thanks, Dean

Offline SabreWing

Yes I do. Actually I have two now. One has shorter legs than the other, they are about 12'' long, and the picture I will post up here will be of that one. For me and my purposes, that was a little too short, so I had to strap a sleeping bag in front of it . . . With the setup you will see in my photo I rode 1300 miles straight in 30 hours, 100 mile range fuel stops slow you waaaaaay down lol.

The pictured backrest is the KG. I have another "unknown" vintage backrest with 24'' arms, it does fit the KG brackets perfectly.

You can see the KG bracket in the photos if you follow the backrest back to the stock OEM backrest mount. I had to drill the holes on the bracket SLIGHTLY to match the SUPER, obviously this did not affect performance.

This would be a "bolt-on" deal for you, take maybe five minutes. Again, the KG brackets are unobtanium, vintage backrests becoming more so over time. (Good ones, at least).

What do you think of my setup? Do you want the brackets and the backrest with the longer arms? I will post up a photo of the two matched up later today. Thanks for looking!

To Moderators: I will donate 10% of any deal I do through the MOOT forum via PayPal. No wish to offend, just sharing knowledge and parts. Thanks for the host!
« Last Edit: March 13, 2018, 02:45:42 PM by SabreWing »

Offline DLewis

That is a heck of a set up, and a ton of miles in a short time. I did 16 hours in 2 days back in my youth, but could never dream of approaching that again with my back the way it is. Are they both the tall, "chopper", style? Guess they could be cut smaller.
The photo is what I was thinking when I started looking.

Offline SabreWing

There is a guy on the other forum (V4musclebike) who made some brackets that mount to the existing super magna attach points, specifically the front ones. This allows him to use the "stock" Super magna passenger backrest in either the passenger OR the rider position. Pretty sweet. The guy would probably sell you a pair of brackets for the right incentive.

I actually very much like the "Chopper Style" backrest, especially for those with bad backs. Mine is crushed pretty well from years of hard labor, and I tell you that after 30 hours in the saddle really the only thing that hurt was my butt, lol.

Stylistically, though, I do agree that the "low back" style backrests (like the Corbin) are better. I might try one for my 83, as they are STILL available lol. For the Super though, rider backrest options are a lot more limited, and it's pretty much fabricate your own that works for you, which is what I did.

Good luck!

Offline DLewis

Can you post pics of other arms please?

Offline SabreWing

Here you go. The legs on this backrest are about 24". The backrest pad is in very good condition overall, with some repairable cracks on the very top. Note the "overdrilled" lower holes on the KG bracket. This was done to make the bracket line up exactly with the Super magna backrest mount, which you must ALREADY have to make this work. I repeat, it mounts to the OEM backrest mount, if you do not have this you must get one.

Anyhow, some pics.

Offline DLewis

Thanks for all your time! I just had some other issues come up that I am going to have to spend my extra cash on for now. I really appreciate you going out of your way to get me the photos. Good luck with your sales!