Take the long way home

New Scorpion Helmet Ordered(Read 84 times)
New Scorpion Helmet Ordered on: January 29, 2019, 10:02:34 PM
I was in major need of a new helmet.. I was in a rush (I broke the one I was using)..
I wound up with a Scorpion EXO 110 in flat black which is along the lines of the helmets my wife and I have been using for some years now..  We have been very happy with these 1/2 helmets.. They have an internal visor, a cold weather insert to cover your ears, and ventilate well.. I got a demo model for $49 bucks in my size so SCORE!!
However, In my (during lunch hour) rush of shopping at 2 stores, I came across another helmet that caught my eye..
It is a Scorpion (Great Customer Service).. It's called a Scorpion Covert helmet.
It comes in a couple of basic colors and they have a couple of sort of custom looking schemes.. I took my wife to see one and The one that fit her was one of the custom ones.. Normally this helmet goes for $229. It was on sale for $149 and My wife was like, "I don't want a helmet others have been trying on".. I said, YES you can go buy it on line, but it's going to be $229! Look the Liner comes out and we can wash it.. She relented.. We told the salesmen, well we like it, but people have been wearing it and my wife is a little hesitant.. It's the only one that fits her.. Can you do any better on the price? So he knocked it down to $139.. So we bought it.. We washed the inserts and bam.. Good to go.
This helmet comes with both a smoke and clear drop down internal eye shield (only one can be used at a time).
The REALLY cool feature of this helmet is : It is a full face, and a 3/4 and a 1/2 helmet all built into one helmet..
When full assembled it is a full face, There is a front mask that pops right out and it becomes a 3/4, then you remove the lower section and it becomes a 1/2 helmet..
It is a bit of a pain to remove the lower portion.. We went to remove it and the latch broke.. It would be just fine without the latch, BUT.. I called Scorpion to ask them to send us a new latch..
They refused.. They said you can't get just the latch... We will send you a complete lower section for free...
Within a week, we received the new part...
I've been waiting for my wife to wear it a few times and she really likes the helmet (I figured if she didn't like it, I would just take hers).. We rode on a pretty cold ride this week-end and she liked the full face protection. 
As many of you know, I now have a red Victory.. I found a pretty cool Black version with a red stars and stripes pattern.. Unfortunately, it can only be purchased out the Netherlands.. So, I have purchased it.. I had to pay full price, but did get free shipping.. So my new helmet is on it's way and will be here sometime in February..

"accidents aren't predictable, don't be a DUMBASS" - MD Dan

Re: New Scorpion Helmet Ordered Reply #1 on: January 29, 2019, 10:07:27 PM
This is what the wifey's helmet looks like..

"accidents aren't predictable, don't be a DUMBASS" - MD Dan

Re: New Scorpion Helmet Ordered Reply #2 on: February 01, 2019, 02:16:46 AM
Those are some neat helmets, I like how they look and the options offered.
Terry

My mama always told me never put off till tomorrow people you can kill today.

Allen, TX.

74 GT750 - 75 GT380 – 01 Magna - 03 KX 250-01 – 04 WR 450 - 74 T500 Titan

Re: New Scorpion Helmet Ordered Reply #3 on: February 04, 2019, 12:48:56 PM
Nice.  I am a fan of Scorpion's helmets, good price/perf ratio.  But I always get a bit leary when parts start coming off as to what the crash ratings are with the pieces on and off.