Questionable

Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
The Garage / Re: Blackie got a NEW (to me) seat!
« Last post by hootmon on September 13, 2018, 07:56:21 AM »
last seat Travelcade.. It's like a Gunfighter but more uncomfortable.. Softer foam, but very high in the middle..
I knew going in that the Saddleman was a Gel seat and would be harder than I desire, and it is.. It's more comfortable when warm than cold.
I also know you need to be careful of leaving out in the sun (that never happens in Florida).. The Gel will absorb the heat, then radiate it into your butt for an extended period of time (works the same for cold)..

The Hurricane should bring us dryer air for a couple of days (YEA!)
« Last post by TLRam1 on September 13, 2018, 12:52:16 AM »
Does the hurricane have any chance of heading south to your area?
« Last post by TLRam1 on September 12, 2018, 11:52:12 PM »
I was just going to ask if that was a saddleman. Looks really Nice, you will have to report back how it works for a long ride, what did you have on it before?

If stock that would have to be a big improvement.
The Garage / Blackie got a NEW (to me) seat!
« Last post by hootmon on September 12, 2018, 06:04:33 PM »
Saddleman

The Garage / Re: Need help troubleshooting starting problem
« Last post by Jerry G Turner on August 29, 2018, 10:10:32 PM »
Most likely if the pluse generators go bad it won't start at all. So I  would agree with Hootman.
The Garage / Re: Need help troubleshooting starting problem
« Last post by hootmon on August 29, 2018, 07:37:23 PM »
Sounds more like some more trash came out of your tank and clogged your slow jets again..
IF it ran strong the day before, it's not likely the coil /  igniter /  etc suddenly went bad..

Sorry.. Good new, you likely don't need to find parts, bad news, You may have to drain your tank, and pull the carbs again..

Just my opinion..
The Garage / Need help troubleshooting starting problem
« Last post by Metalaroundstone on August 29, 2018, 12:54:57 PM »
I could use some help figuring out a starting problem with my 99 magna.  I thought my starting the problem was due to the bike sitting too long, so I pulled the carburetors and cleaned them and added a shim kit. It started immediately and performed  perfectly.  However, the next day when I tried to start it it would only start with the choke completely on and would only run at an idle.  When I tried to give it gas, it would just die.  So I did other diagnostics and discovered that the ignition pulse generator had a ohm reading of 380, and the spec calls for 450-500.  Also,the spark also seemed a little week to me. Does anybody have and advice about this.  I read an earlier post about and this and it suggested that a 380 reading did not cause any problems. 

Any help would be appreciated.
The Garage / Re: V65 bobber
« Last post by v4intn on August 07, 2018, 02:41:04 AM »
Sorry about that, I wasnt clear at all. Is much rather have one stock, or close. Structurally stock at least. And I'm a horribly cheap bastard so you answered my question anyway. TY. I mean I'm all for a well done full custom, but not to a v65, aside from a couple bolt ons like maybe hard bags and a seat (simple things) there's not much of want to do to one anyway
The Garage / Re: V65 bobber
« Last post by TLRam1 on August 03, 2018, 10:45:31 PM »
Hard to give information on the limited description you posted.

1. What is the end result you want to accomplish?

2. Depending on the price and what you want to do, may be best to find another bike.

If it were me and I want a V65 in mostly original shape to ride, if I was given this bike I would not take it other than for parts. A lot of money can be spent quickly and time spent to bring this up to shape, than again I don't know your situation.
The Garage / V65 bobber
« Last post by v4intn on August 03, 2018, 07:05:14 PM »
So I've found a pretty good deal on a V65 I'm thinking about. The bad thing is some bobbed it out and like most bobbers that are priced reasonable there's "questionable" work done. Ok instead of being polite ill be accurate. I'm not sure I'd trust this hack job to get me home safely to fix it. I'm talking bad... Steel struts welded to the shock mounts to hard tail it, frame doesn't even look like it was cut straight behind the saddle much less braced to maintain the strength just for the short list. Anyone know how hard it is to find a good frame and body work for the tail to get it back half ads right or would I be better off with a full aftermarket frame which kinda kills the point of a v65?
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10