Go Down Skip to main content

Author Topic: Summer Wrench session July 12th

• MOOT Member
  • Full Throttle Contributor
  • MOOT Website/Forum Sponsor
Summer Wrench session July 12th
OP: May 25, 2014, 08:51:15 PM
Well Jesse wanted me to put this out there how about a wrench session at the new house. See Tavern anyhow Saturday the 12th  I will be available and if anyone wants to come out and wrench I will have the shop open for you all. I have all the tools for changing chains,oil changes, tires and carbs.

I will borrow my buddys pit I hope  till I get mine built  and we can have a cookout I will have refreshments.

If you are far away and want to come well got 6 acres and plenty of camping spots LOL. I will be over in Dripping Springs the 20th to pickup something and will be back that afternoon so you can show up anytime after say 3 or 4 on the 11th for the wrench session on the 12th.

I have a 3 bay shop with tools so come one and all and see the new place and fix your woes.

The doors will be open around 7 am heck before that probably so come on out and visit and wrench.

Let me know if you plan on being here so I can get a head count for food.

See you there Allen  :cool:
  • IP logged
« Last Edit: June 25, 2014, 04:56:48 PM by roboto65 »
Allen Rugg 
76 Jeep CJ

The adventure begins where your plans fall through.

M
  • Administrator
  • MOOT Super Contributor
  • There's more to life than increasing its speed.
    • Magna Owners of Texas
Re: Summer Wrench session June 21st
#1: May 27, 2014, 08:57:40 AM
Would love to  make it up Allen.  FYI, I've got a nice NoMar tire changing station as well as a motorcycle lift so if you want me to bring them let me know and I'll cage it up to your place with the aforementioned equipment.

Marc
  • IP logged
Marc
MOOT #82
Webmaster

'85 Magna V30 - Sold
'85 Magna V65 - Big Bird (On Steroids) - In the capable hand of Mr. Dodge!
'98 Valkyrie Tourer - Loki - Sold
'00 Valkyrie Interstate

• 2nd Gear Contributor
#2: May 27, 2014, 01:53:20 PM
Sounds like a great time to break out the hammock tent!  Sadly I just made plans to take it into the Ozarks that weekend with a buddy from Missouri  :(
Hop Along
  • IP logged
Hop Along
No longer in Norman, OK
2003 Magna
2015 DR650, partly sponsored by a 1973 CT-90 and 2005 CRF 230F....

• Administrator
  • 4th Gear Contributor
#3: May 30, 2014, 04:07:08 PM
I may cage it as well so I can finally use my motorcycle trailer in a bag and bring my ultrasonic cleaner. It has a two year warranty on it so I'd like to use the crap out of it and make sure it's going to hold up.

I also have a carb sync tool, chain brush, and a pit bull stand which is handy for cleaning chains and getting the rear wheel off the ground.

I may have a set of carbs for us to swap out on my bike but let's see what everyone else wants to do first.
  • IP logged
Jesse
Moot #358
'99 Magna (Halloween theme paint job)
Racetech Cartridge Emulators in front forks, Progressive 444s on the rear. Best mods I've ever made to this bike.
Houston

• MOOT Member
#4: May 30, 2014, 04:26:40 PM
For who ever is coming please PM me or shoot me an email at brit4a@lalalal yahoo.com just take out the obvious lol so I can get you my address to the house.

See you all there

You guys bring it and we will try and get it all done.
  • IP logged
Allen Rugg 
76 Jeep CJ

• Administrator
  • 4th Gear Contributor
#5: June 10, 2014, 07:31:37 PM
Has anyone piped up with repairs they want to do?

My radiator fan is not coming on. If I don't have this resolved by June 21st then this may be my wrenching project.
  • IP logged
Jesse
Moot #358
Racetech Cartridge Emulators in front forks, Progressive 444s on the rear. Best mods I've ever made to this bike.
Houston

• MOOT Member
#6: June 10, 2014, 07:58:00 PM
Well I am sorry guys but we will have to reschedule  :-( I have to work over one of my wheelmen hurt his back and I am going to have to work that week the next date I can make it will be July 12th or 13th you guys pick.

I want to see all you guys again and work on some Magna's so do not count me out.

Again sorry guys I will make it up!!!
  • IP logged
Allen Rugg 
76 Jeep CJ

• MOOT Member
  • 5th Gear Contributor
#7: June 12, 2014, 06:14:39 PM
I think I can make that weekend. Need to do the carbs on my new to me super magna. Has that hesitation between 3 to 4 thousand rpms. Hope to see you then.
  • IP logged
MOOT#428
Arlington, Texas
I'm not young enough to know everything

• MOOT Member
#8: June 12, 2014, 08:15:26 PM
Jerry would be glad to have you is there any day better than the other Jesse said he does not care is Saturday better that's the 12th.
  • IP logged
Allen Rugg 
76 Jeep CJ

• MOOT Member
  • 5th Gear Contributor
#9: June 12, 2014, 08:25:19 PM
Yes Saturday would be best. Thanks.
  • IP logged
MOOT#428
Arlington, Texas

• MOOT Member
#10: June 13, 2014, 06:29:20 PM
Saturday it is cannot wait.
  • IP logged
Allen Rugg 
76 Jeep CJ

• Administrator
  • 4th Gear Contributor
Re: Summer Wrench session July 21st
#11: June 25, 2014, 01:57:41 PM
Jerry,

I'd love to see the Super Magna. I just recently worked on my 99 Magna carbs and the float bowl gaskets were in pretty bad shape.

I have found a non-stealership source for viton gaskets as well as viton tipped float needles. The viton is supposed to resist the ethanol fuel that we have now.

You might want to check this site out and see if they have similar float bowl and needles for your Super. If you're going to go through the trouble to pull your carbs off, might as well give them a good cleaning at the same time.
http://www.siriusconinc.com/pro-detail.php?pid=&product_id=1401
  • IP logged
Jesse
Moot #358
Houston

• MOOT Member
  • 5th Gear Contributor
Re: Summer Wrench session July 21st
#12: June 25, 2014, 03:23:56 PM
Thanks Jesse I will check it out.
  • IP logged
MOOT#428
Arlington, Texas

• MOOT Member
Re: Summer Wrench session July 12th
#13: June 25, 2014, 04:58:34 PM
To many dang days on the boat and Jesse messing me up LOL the wrenching is on the 12th of July lose track out here anyhow the 12th of July
  • IP logged
Allen Rugg 
76 Jeep CJ

• Administrator
  • 4th Gear Contributor
Re: Summer Wrench session July 12th
#14: June 25, 2014, 05:18:34 PM
Jerry,

You might also check out http://www.v4market.com. They have some of the same stuff and may have something specific for a Super Magna.

If you can get a hold of some of the rubber boots that connect the carbs to the head that may not be a bad idea either. I'm not sure how well the ones from the 80s may be doing today. They probably won't last forever. I noticed mine were pretty hard, not brittle, but they were some of the inside edges had worn/broken probably due to taking the carbs off / on because the angle can get awkward and the boots don't always get to line up perfectly.
  • IP logged
Jesse
Moot #358
Houston

Go Up