Go Down Skip to main content

Linked Events

• MOOT MaG 13: June 03, 2015 - June 07, 2015

Author Topic: MOOTMAG 2015 - Mena Arkansas - 13th annual Meet and Greet

b

buster

Re: MOOTMAG 2015
#30: April 02, 2015, 09:20:41 PM
I think I can make this work.  Does anybody have a bed available?

-Snoopy

I have one bunk available at this point.
  • IP logged

• Regional Coordinators
  • 2nd Gear Contributor
  • MOOT Website/Forum Sponsor
#31: April 07, 2015, 09:05:40 PM
Just saw this post its been along time since i have longed on, I will probably trailer but definitely would like to attend.
  • IP logged
David L Carrales
Moot #269
McAllen, Tx
1996 VF750C

• MOOT Member
  • Full Throttle Contributor
#32: April 07, 2015, 10:05:11 PM
Just saw this post its been along time since i have longed on, I will probably trailer but definitely would like to attend.

Excellent Dave.

You always sacrifice to come way north for these things. I really respect that (just like the time Hoot came all the way from Florida to Eureka Springs Arkansas, just outstanding).
  • IP logged
You are not paid for what you do, but rather for what you will do and when that time comes, you will be highly underpaid.

Audere est Facere

Lead the Way!

D.L. Shireman

M
  • Administrator
  • MOOT Super Contributor
  • There's more to life than increasing its speed.
    • Magna Owners of Texas
#33: April 21, 2015, 10:53:48 AM
First time I've logged into the forum for a while.  Been meaning to just to see if/when MOOT MaG will be.  As it stands right now I plan on being there.

Marc
  • IP logged
Marc
MOOT #82
Webmaster

'85 Magna V30 - Sold
'85 Magna V65 - Big Bird (On Steroids) - In the capable hand of Mr. Dodge!
'98 Valkyrie Tourer - Loki - Sold
'00 Valkyrie Interstate

• MOOTMag Committee
  • MOOT Super Contributor
    • Lawrence's Homepage
#34: April 21, 2015, 12:56:48 PM
You guys really ought to log on occasionally!!

Glad you are planning to come.
  • IP logged
Lawrence
'96 Blue Austin TX
Ride to Live, Live to Ride longer Wear a Helmet

• MOOT Member
#35: April 23, 2015, 12:02:54 AM
First time I've logged into the forum for a while.  Been meaning to just to see if/when MOOT MaG will be.  As it stands right now I plan on being there.

Marc

Good deal.

Always fun having you along.
  • IP logged
You are not paid for what you do, but rather for what you will do and when that time comes, you will be highly underpaid.

Audere est Facere

Lead the Way!

D.L. Shireman

j
  • MOOT Member
#36: April 26, 2015, 07:15:48 PM
I have had my eye on this for awhile, but have been unable to commit.  I had surgery to remove a tumor from my left kidney on 4/17.  I am home doing well and plan on returning to work this week.  Assuming my recovery progresses as it should, I will be ready to ride well before June 3.

Anybody still have a bunk available?  I probably won't be able to arrive until June 4.

Jeff Atkins
  • IP logged
Jeff Atkins
Cross Roads, Texas
2006 ST1300
1997 Magna (sold but fondly remembered)

b

buster

#37: April 26, 2015, 10:17:56 PM
I still have a bunk available, perhaps two.  First one to commit get choice of large or small.  IM me for details.
  • IP logged

M
  • Administrator
  • MOOT Super Contributor
  • There's more to life than increasing its speed.
    • Magna Owners of Texas
#38: April 27, 2015, 08:39:53 AM
Got my reservations.  Looking forward to seeing everyone.  If there's anything I can do to help facilitate this years MOOT MaG just let me know.

Marc
  • IP logged
Marc
MOOT #82
Webmaster

'85 Magna V30 - Sold
'85 Magna V65 - Big Bird (On Steroids) - In the capable hand of Mr. Dodge!
'98 Valkyrie Tourer - Loki - Sold
'00 Valkyrie Interstate

M
  • Honorary MOOT Member
  • 2nd Gear Contributor
    • http://www.cycle-istic.com
#39: April 28, 2015, 12:58:52 PM
To whom should I send some prize or raffle goodies this year? I was thinking a chain guard, brakestay, and peg extenders.

-Dobie
www.cycle-istic.com/
  • IP logged
If you can read this, thank a teacher. For reading it in English, thank a veteran.
Age is a state of mind, I'm way past 60, going on 24.

• MOOTMag Committee
  • MOOT Super Contributor
    • Lawrence's Homepage
#40: April 28, 2015, 01:08:22 PM
To whom should I send some prize or raffle goodies this year? I was thinking a chain guard, brakestay, and peg extenders.

-Dobie
www.cycle-istic.com/

Here, gentlemen is a true supporter.  Dobie did not wait to be asked...

My vote would be Smoked U, who seems to be the de-facto leader this year.  Dave, suppose you send Dobie a PM with your address?
  • IP logged
Lawrence
'96 Blue Austin TX
Ride to Live, Live to Ride longer Wear a Helmet

• 2nd Gear Contributor
#41: April 28, 2015, 07:49:11 PM
Ditto to the addy... I think I still have it.  I have a er... leftover Christmas gift that didn't get gifted that I think someone might appreciate.
At least, if I'd had it *last* year there might have been less battery maintenance issues all 'round!!!

Sadly I can't make the MOOTMaG-I'll be elsewhere in the region on a week long charity ride-but for all the help I've had from other MOOTsters over the years it's definitely my turn to Pay It Forward :-)

Hop Along
  • IP logged
Hop Along
No longer in Norman, OK
2003 Magna
2015 DR650, partly sponsored by a 1973 CT-90 and 2005 CRF 230F....

• MOOT Member
#42: April 28, 2015, 08:46:09 PM

-Dobie
www.cycle-istic.com/

You can send them to me again this year.

Email me and I will send my shipping address.
  • IP logged

Audere est Facere

Lead the Way!

D.L. Shireman

• MOOT Member
#43: April 29, 2015, 10:58:29 AM
I just took my group DRNT to Mena this past weekend and stayed at the Mena Mountaintop Cabins.

I have some points I want to pass on to all of you that will be staying or visiting that location.

The location is 6.2 miles north of Hatfield Arkansas. There is a sign at the driveway, but it is easy to miss.

The driveway has a very sharp switchback to the right and climbs an incline over 30 degrees. You need to get into first gear at the bottom of the drive and be committed. There is no stopping on this slope unless you want to fall.

The drive continues up the mountainside and the only flat spot is all the way up to the top of the drive past the office and the cabins. Head for that parking lot and walk back down to the office. You can survey the property at that time and figure out where you want to park. My group opted to remain at the top of the property in the parking lot and hike up and down the hill.

The cabins are very new and very clean. I slept in the single top bunk like a rock and felt good every morning I got up.

There was not a large community grill, so we used the individual grills located in front of every cabin.

The staff does not automatically clean your cabin every day. If you want this done you need to tell them and it will happen on a daily basis.

The property is a short ride south of Mena so food and gas are close.

Geneva, the property manager, is a sweetheart and is looking forward to our group's visit.

Here are a few pictures of the driveway and slopes.

• IP logged

Audere est Facere

Lead the Way!

D.L. Shireman

• Regional Coordinators
  • 2nd Gear Contributor
  • MOOT Website/Forum Sponsor
I am really up in the air on this one.  I won't know if I can make until the time gets closer.  I will try to keep you all posted.
  • IP logged
David L Carrales
Moot #269
McAllen, Tx
1996 VF750C

Go Up