• MOOT MaG 14!!! Be There or be Square: August 01, 2016 - August 05, 2016

Author Topic: MOOT MaG #14 - Frisco, Colorado, August 1-5, 2016

• 1st Gear Contributor
  • Member #602, not a Sunday rider.
MOOT MaG #14 - Frisco, Colorado, August 1-5, 2016
OP: January 27, 2016, 11:55:44 AM
Okay folks, here we go.

MOOTMaG 2016 in COLORFUL Colorado!

Location: Frisco, CO - Exact MaG HQ location TBD - Tourism info at http://www.townoffrisco.com/
Dates: Monday, August 1st through Friday, August 5th, 2016

We'll ride, we'll hike, we'll alpine slide, we'll shop, we'll eat. We'll enjoy magnificent vistas and bomb amazing roads. We'll change our altitudes! I have some great rides, sights, and activities marked, you won't want to miss it!

For those so inclined, Sturgis is an easy 462 miles away making for an easy transit to the rally the following week.

And just to add some icing to the cake, I'll even be on a Magna!  8-)

Get your vote in and let us know that you'll be joining us for a truly fantastic adventure!

Riding in Colorado

• IP logged
« Last Edit: February 04, 2016, 09:14:08 AM by Marc Albea »
My garage runneth over...
14 Zero S ZF 8.5
08 VFR800fi
08 Kawasaki KLE650 Versys - For Sale
09 CRF230L
97 VF750CD - SOLD!

• Administrator
  • 4th Gear Contributor
Re: MOOTMaG #14 - Frisco, Colorado, August 1-5, 2016
#1: January 27, 2016, 02:08:20 PM
I'm putting it on my calendar.

And the great thing is that we'll have time to start promoting this to other Mootsters and institute a revival of sorts.
  • IP logged
Jesse
Moot #358
'99 Magna (Halloween theme paint job)
Racetech Cartridge Emulators in front forks, Progressive 444s on the rear. Best mods I've ever made to this bike.
Houston

• 1st Gear Contributor
#2: January 27, 2016, 03:37:18 PM
I'm putting it on my calendar.

And the great thing is that we'll have time to start promoting this to other Mootsters and institute a revival of sorts.

Indeed, get the word out!

I forgot to mention, feel free to bring friends no matter what they ride as long as they can ride safely and sanely with the group. I'll be +1 at least with my dad on his Magna, and probably more with some CO riders I haven't seen in a while.
  • IP logged
14 Zero S ZF 8.5
08 VFR800fi
09 CRF230L
97 VF750CD - SOLD!

• 2nd Gear Contributor
#3: January 27, 2016, 07:28:28 PM
Gee, you're going to make us ride all the pretty roads between here and there, just to ride more pretty roads with, er, pretty people?

I'll be there unless the currently unpredictable happens!  (and there is a high rate of unpredictability these days lol)
Hop Along
  • IP logged
Hop Along
No longer in Norman, OK
2003 Magna
2015 DR650, partly sponsored by a 1973 CT-90 and 2005 CRF 230F....

M
  • Honorary MOOT Member
  • 2nd Gear Contributor
    • http://www.cycle-istic.com
#4: February 01, 2016, 09:02:19 PM
I'm trying to talk Val into making this one. There is a pretty good RV campground, Peak One, right on the lake less than a mile from the town of Frisco. Trouble is, she has already booked her annual week-long horse camping trip in the Sierras. That takes place the 3rd week of August, and the 2 events together would pretty much consume the whole month, with travel time. I'm keeping my fingers crossed. If I can make it, I'll bring some giveaway goodies, if not, I can send some to someone else to take along.
  • IP logged
If you can read this, thank a teacher. For reading it in English, thank a veteran.
Age is a state of mind, I'm way past 60, going on 24.

M
  • Administrator
  • MOOT Super Contributor
  • There's more to life than increasing its speed.
    • Magna Owners of Texas
Re: MOOT MaG #14 - Frisco, Colorado, August 1-5, 2016
#5: February 04, 2016, 09:53:17 AM
I'm hoping the family will be living in Florida by then but even so this sounds like something I won't want to miss so I'm penciling it in and crossing my fingers.  If I can push the button on this and we are in Florida already I'll probably fly into Denver and rent something.  Might do that even if the wife and I are still in Houston.
  • IP logged
Marc
MOOT #82
Webmaster

'85 Magna V30 - Sold
'85 Magna V65 - Big Bird (On Steroids) - In the capable hand of Mr. Dodge!
'98 Valkyrie Tourer - Loki - Sold
'00 Valkyrie Interstate

b

buster

#6: February 04, 2016, 10:59:56 PM
So is the general plan to leave home the weekend before, or on Monday?  I know a lot of people typically stream in adn out all week, but what are ya'll thinking?  I plan to trailer, probably with Russ and maybe bring our wives.  August will be a great time to get away from the TX heat.
  • IP logged

• 1st Gear Contributor
#7: February 07, 2016, 02:28:32 PM
I'm cheating on this one, flying into Denver and riding one of my dad's Magnas, but I figured the weekends on either end would be used for transit to CO, arriving in Frisco Sunday evening and leaving Saturday morning giving the group Monday through Friday for rides and sights. Anyone is welcome to arrive and depart as their schedules demand, of course. I have four longish rides planned, figured we'd take a day (maybe Wednesday) to run around to local stuff like hikes, alpine slides, shopping and stuff like that.
  • IP logged
14 Zero S ZF 8.5
08 VFR800fi
09 CRF230L
97 VF750CD - SOLD!

• MOOT Member
  • 4th Gear Contributor
  • Let the fun begin
Got it on my calendar.  I plan on being there.  Just need to figure out if i am going to ride or trailer.  Where is everyone planning on staying
  • IP logged
« Last Edit: March 02, 2016, 10:05:03 PM by Jamtndll »
99 Valk
98 Magna -  Ripped

Jim Tindall
Texas East Region Coordinator
Van, Texas

Do you think we'll have anywhere to stay with the Sturgis rally the following week?  It's insane up there!
  • IP logged

M
  • Administrator
  • MOOT Super Contributor
  • There's more to life than increasing its speed.
    • Magna Owners of Texas
Shouldn't be too bad I would imagine.  Sturgis is almost 500 miles away from Frisco.

Marc
  • IP logged
Marc
MOOT #82
Webmaster

'85 Magna V30 - Sold
'85 Magna V65 - Big Bird (On Steroids) - In the capable hand of Mr. Dodge!
'98 Valkyrie Tourer - Loki - Sold
'00 Valkyrie Interstate

• MOOTMag Committee
  • MOOT Super Contributor
    • Lawrence's Homepage
I plan to go.  Will trailer up with Skyride, probably spend a day or two elsewhere on one or both ends.

Time to reserve places to sleep.  Anyone have recommendations in or around Frisco??
  • IP logged
Lawrence
'96 Blue Austin TX
Ride to Live, Live to Ride longer Wear a Helmet

• MOOTMag Committee
  • MOOT Super Contributor
    • Lawrence's Homepage
I have booked August 1 - 5 (check out on 5th) at New Summit Inn in Frisco -- two queen beds, one room $79/night (plus, of course, tax, title, license, etc., etc.)  Phone # (970) 668-3220.  yes, I know it is quicker to book through Expedia, Hotels.com, etc. etc., and the rate is the same, BUT, if you call, you get brownie points since they don't have to pay the commission!  They have 24 hr cancellation policy. 

So, fellow riders, if you are serious, you will book a room.  Summers in Co, especially in popular spots like Frisco, are expensive if you wait too long...
  • IP logged
Lawrence
'96 Blue Austin TX
Ride to Live, Live to Ride longer Wear a Helmet

B
  • MOOT Member
  • 2nd Gear Contributor
Just verifying- Arrive Mon., Aug 1st, three days of day rides, Leave Fri., Aug 5th?  At this time , am definitely going to 2016 MOOTmag.  Try to stay at New Summit Inn. Aug. is always the time to go to CO when its 100's in OK, even for a few days.
Will ride the whole trip to CO.

Brad Badgett
MOOT #164
OK Region
1996 VF750C
  • IP logged

B
  • MOOT Member
  • 2nd Gear Contributor
Got reservation at New Summit Inn in Frisco.  Less than 13 wks til MOOTmag!

Brad Badgett
MOOT #164
OK Region
1996 VF750C
  • IP logged

Go Up