Go Down Skip to main content

Linked Events

• MOOT MaG 14!!! Be There or be Square: August 01, 2016 - August 05, 2016

Author Topic: MOOT MaG #14 - Frisco, Colorado, August 1-5, 2016

b

buster

I also booked a room at New Summit for Aug 1 -5.  They were #2 on Trip Advisor, but #1 (Alpine Inn) was right on the I-70 access road so New Summit looks more peaceful.  Terrific rate!
Marty
  • IP logged
« Last Edit: May 05, 2016, 10:43:32 PM by buster »

• Administrator
  • 4th Gear Contributor
So... Is the New Summit Inn the unofficial MOOTMAG Lodging. Is anyone staying elsewhere?
  • IP logged
Jesse
Moot #358
'99 Magna (Halloween theme paint job)
Racetech Cartridge Emulators in front forks, Progressive 444s on the rear. Best mods I've ever made to this bike.
Houston

• MOOT Member
  • 5th Gear Contributor
  • MOOT Website/Forum Sponsor
Not going to make this one my granddaughter is getting married on the 31 of July in Tenn. I will be there. See y'all at the next one.
  • IP logged
« Last Edit: June 05, 2016, 10:12:06 AM by Jerry G Turner »
MOOT#428
Arlington, Texas
I'm not young enough to know everything

• 1st Gear Contributor
  • Member #602, not a Sunday rider.
Awesome! Lawrence, thanks for finding a good lodge. With a new relationship, new family, new house, and now a new job, I've been swamped and haven't had much time to devote to MaG planning. I have some rides planned for us and I will definitely be there riding one of my dad's Magnas. I also have a little surprise planned for us, details in the next few days, or as soon as I can get some pictures posted.

Brad, I'm so glad you'll be able to join us! I hope to get more MOOTsters on board as August nears!
  • IP logged
My garage runneth over...
14 Zero S ZF 8.5
08 VFR800fi
08 Kawasaki KLE650 Versys - For Sale
09 CRF230L
97 VF750CD - SOLD!

• Administrator
  • 4th Gear Contributor
Not going to make this one my granddaughter is getting married on the 31 of July in Tenn. I will be there. See y'all at the next one.

Jerry. We'll miss you for sure. Here's a suggestion. Maybe you can get someone from the DFW area to trailer your bike out there and then you can fly from Tennessee out to Colorado and we'll pick you up?
  • IP logged
Jesse
Moot #358
Racetech Cartridge Emulators in front forks, Progressive 444s on the rear. Best mods I've ever made to this bike.
Houston

• Administrator
  • 4th Gear Contributor
Jeff,

Do you have rides / events planned on Monday the 1st, or are you considering that to be a travel day?
  • IP logged
Jesse
Moot #358
Houston

• 1st Gear Contributor
I have rides planned but not really assigned to days. I was planning on leading rides Monday through Friday except for Wednesday which I was leaving for a free day for shopping, hiking, or whatever else. All that is flexible though.
  • IP logged
14 Zero S ZF 8.5
08 VFR800fi
09 CRF230L
97 VF750CD - SOLD!

• 1st Gear Contributor
I mentioned a little surprise a few days ago and here it is!

With money a bit tight I can't give 'em away for free, but $15 per shirt should just about cover my cost to make them. The above image is metallic silver on black, I can also do black on white or either silver or black on another color shirt as long as that color is readily available from hobby and fabric stores. If you'd like one, let me know your color and size preference and whether you'd like the 1st, 2nd, or 3rd gen Magna logo on the chest  and we'll get them going!
  • IP logged
« Last Edit: June 08, 2016, 04:15:20 PM by v4_jeff »
14 Zero S ZF 8.5
08 VFR800fi
09 CRF230L
97 VF750CD - SOLD!

• Administrator
  • 4th Gear Contributor
We plan to come in Sunday so we'll be able to ride on Monday. And it sounds like we need to plan on staying through Friday night as well. OK. We'll finish up our lodging choices accordingly.

T-shirt
Nice job on the t-shirt design.  I like it.

What shirt options do we have?  I really like the tri-blend t-shirts because they are a lot softer and breathe easier than 100% cotton shirts.

American Apparel makes a tri-blend that's actually made in the U.S. I usually pick up the blank shirts for about $10. http://store.americanapparel.net/en/tri-blend-short-sleeve-track-shirt_tr401 (Ignore their full msrp price.)

In fact, I used to buy them from this place: http://ppsapparel.com/us-blanks-us2229-adult-usa-made-tri-blend-t-shirt/

Their black t-shirt would work well with this design.

If your t-shirt printer can't get a shirt like that would it be OK if I bought a few and sent them to you?
  • IP logged
Jesse
Moot #358
Houston

• 1st Gear Contributor
What shirt options do we have?  I really like the tri-blend t-shirts because they are a lot softer and breathe easier than 100% cotton shirts.

American Apparel makes a tri-blend that's actually made in the U.S. I usually pick up the blank shirts for about $10. http://store.americanapparel.net/en/tri-blend-short-sleeve-track-shirt_tr401 (Ignore their full msrp price.)

In fact, I used to buy them from this place: http://ppsapparel.com/us-blanks-us2229-adult-usa-made-tri-blend-t-shirt/

Their black t-shirt would work well with this design.

If your t-shirt printer can't get a shirt like that would it be OK if I bought a few and sent them to you?

We're not using a printer service, we made these ourselves using a Cameo vinyl cutter and some silk screening kits. All I've seen locally are Gildan and Hanes tees, I was planning on using the Hanes because I'm not a huge fan of the Gildan fabric. If you want to buy your own blanks we can definitely print on them.
  • IP logged
14 Zero S ZF 8.5
08 VFR800fi
09 CRF230L
97 VF750CD - SOLD!

• MOOTMag Committee
  • MOOT Super Contributor
    • Lawrence's Homepage
My number one criterion for a shirt is that it NOT have a sewn in label.  Most of them print the label on the inside back top of the shirt, which is a huge improvement.  I could never understand a fine, soft fabric labeled with barbed wire...
  • IP logged
Lawrence
'96 Blue Austin TX
Ride to Live, Live to Ride longer Wear a Helmet

• Administrator
  • 4th Gear Contributor
He he. Love the "barb wire" comment. That's so true.

I'll get some shirts sent to you, Jeff. If I don't have your address I will PM you.

This year I'm going to be bringing some of Karen's family members. I just booked a vacation house rental for 7 of us. We'll have four to 5 riders total out of this bunch and 2 passengers.
  • IP logged
Jesse
Moot #358
Houston

• MOOTMag Committee
  • MOOT Super Contributor
    • Lawrence's Homepage
Skyride and I are into planning our coming and going.  We are thinking of a white water rafting (1/2 day) on the Arkansas through Brown's canyon. 

Of the roads I have ridden in Colorado, one of my favorites in the Million Dollar Highway from Durango through Ouray.  I am thinking of planning an extra day to do a loop, say, Salida - Montrose - Durango - Pagosa Springs - Saguache - back to Salida.

A ride from Frisco all the way to Durango and back seems like a stretch for one day, given summer traffic, my tired body, etc. etc. 

So, Jeff, I am wondering if you had planned such a ride.  If so, I would at least consider it, if not, we may take an extra day to make the loop.
  • IP logged
Lawrence
'96 Blue Austin TX
Ride to Live, Live to Ride longer Wear a Helmet

j
  • MOOT Member
Just reserved a condo in Frisco for week of Aug. 1, 2016.  My wife and I are staying in condo as we have a little dog who will be traveling with us.  New Summit Inn does not allow pets.

We plan to arrive in Frisco on the evening on Sunday, July 31 (trailering ST from Dallas).  Thus, I will be ready to ride on Monday if anyone arrives on Sunday.

Whoever is ordering shirts please put me down for an XL.  I will pay you when I see you.

31 days and counting.  We need some cooler air.

Jeff Atkins
(972) 768-8165 
  • IP logged
Jeff Atkins
Cross Roads, Texas
2006 ST1300
1997 Magna (sold but fondly remembered)

• Honorary MOOT Member
  • MOOT Super Contributor
  • '94 Red Magna, '02 Black Magna
Starting a new job on Tuesday.. So, no time off for me!!
But at least at the new job there is such a thing as Vacation time, so there is something to look forward to in the future!!
Have a GREAT time
Victory is having a national meet up in Ft.. Collins Colorado at the same time, you are likely to see LOTS of Victory's while you are out and about..
It would work out great for us IF we could go.. My wife could hang out with the Vics, and I could hang out with you folks..
BUT.. Not this year..  :sad:
  • IP logged
"accidents aren't predictable, don't be a DUMBASS" - MD Dan

Go Up