Go Down Skip to main content

Author Topic: "Re-newed" Member - Austin, TX

"Re-newed" Member - Austin, TX
OP: November 15, 2017, 12:02:49 AM
Hi all- I just returned to TX after a 15-year hiatus and am glad to see this forum's up. Long ago in a galaxy far away, I was tangentially part of the original gang of what I gather has evolved into the now tremendous Magna Owners of Texas (fka SMOT), a group that had branched from the SABMAG's (aka 'maggots)... Any of those guys still here? Mike Guillory? Hillard? Who else?

Of course it's been forever. Back in mid-2002 I rode away from my beloved Lone Star State in the greatest '83 750cc oil-modded Sabre there was, and then spent wayyy too long up nawth. The process of winterization, storage, only being able to ride a certain percentage of the year, etc. got to be a drag for me as a garageless, NYC renter. I didn't think it would happen, but I did in fact stop riding for quite a while.

So the first order of business is: I need a bike! And soon. Although I'd been spoiled by the features of the early 80's dream machine, I don't think I'm quite mechanically-inclined enough for the upkeep of an antique. I'm in kind of a Viffer mood these days. I also saw an amazing, low-mileage Yamahammer F6 on the way home today... I checked the "for sale" area of this forum but most of the posts are older, plus I need something <1000cc's. If anyone is selling something reliable or knows of such a bike needing a taker, by all means let me know. And I hope no one minds my showing up to a ride if what I have isn't necessarily a Magna. Peace and it's great to be back home!
Naomi in Austin
  • IP logged
Naomi (needs a bike!)
Formerly:
'83 v-30 Magna
'84 700cc Magna
'00 600cc Suzuki Bandit
'83 v-45 Sabre
"It is what you don't expect... that most needs looking for." -Neal Stephenson

• Honorary MOOT Member
  • MOOT Super Contributor
  • '94 Red Magna, '02 Black Magna
Re: "Re-newed" Member - Austin, TX
#1: November 15, 2017, 07:22:03 AM
Welcome back from an Outlier
Hoot from Florida..
  • IP logged
"accidents aren't predictable, don't be a DUMBASS" - MD Dan

• MOOT Member
  • 5th Gear Contributor
  • MOOT Website/Forum Sponsor
#2: November 15, 2017, 09:50:26 AM
Welcome back. Hope you find something that will work for you.
  • IP logged
MOOT#428
Arlington, Texas
I'm not young enough to know everything

• MOOT Member
  • MOOT Super Contributor
  • MOOT Website/Forum Sponsor
#3: November 15, 2017, 11:23:02 PM
Welcome back Naomi and about any bike you want is out there.
  • IP logged
Terry

My mama always told me never put off till tomorrow people you can kill today.

Allen, TX.

74 GT750 - 75 GT380 – 01 Magna - 03 KX 250-01 – 04 WR 450 - 74 T500 Titan

• Administrator
  • 4th Gear Contributor
#4: December 12, 2017, 07:20:59 PM
I know a MOOT member who may be selling a third generation Magna in January. I'm sure he'll post it here when the time is right.
  • IP logged
Jesse
Moot #358
'99 Magna (Halloween theme paint job)
Racetech Cartridge Emulators in front forks, Progressive 444s on the rear. Best mods I've ever made to this bike.
Houston

Go Up